1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Lost Magnet - Replacement?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by XEMA, Apr 14, 2016.

1. XEMA

XEMA New Member

So one of my magnets apparently wasn't glued in properly and has popped out and subsequently been lost. Does anyone know where I can get an exact match? Or what the specifications are?

2. aenea22980

aenea22980 New Member

Robo can send them to you, they're like 50c each so I'd suggest get a couple for insurance. If you call their help line just get to the parts Dept and ask if they can just throw a couple in an envelope for you regular mail. If it's FedEx shipping it's more expensive. I just had to get one of my y-axis bars replaced and the little magnet price was shown in the email.

It's frustrating having one tiny part missing you have no idea where to get! I lost one of the z-axis switch screws, have no clue where to find such a tiny part, just made do with the one.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

They are rare earth neodymium magnets, even Hobby Lobby has them in their crafts aisle called "Super Magnets". They are good for a number of uses and you can buy them in bulk from many Chinese websites. Nearly 100% of these magnets originate in China since it has the largest sources and active mining of rare earth compounds.