1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Mac- Matter Control Crashes on Connect

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AnthonyHarrington, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyHarrington

AnthonyHarrington New Member

Never had trouble before but the other day I turned on my printer and matter control. Everytime I try to click on connect it crashes Matter Control. Any ideas?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Not many of us still use matter control. If you dont get an answer check out the matter control forum. They wrote it and may have a fix.

AnthonyHarrington likes this.
  3. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I use MC but I don't use a MAC.
    Reinstall?
    Another USB cable?
    Have another PC you can try?

4. AnthonyHarrington

I tried my other macbook last night and it works. Just very unhandy to have my macbook connected to this printer for 12+hrs while I use it for my business. What other programs are people using? I am very new to this, only had it about a month. Everything worked fine until the other day, not sure what happened.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Alot of users move to cura, slic3r (both free)

Most eventually pay for simplify3d

I suggest trying out cura. I used it for a bit and had good luck.

I do suggest getting an lcd controller and not printing connected to a computer

6. AnthonyHarrington

Thank you, I will try that.

7. Rigmarol

I bought the MatterControl T10 tablet when I bought my printer and really do enjoy using it.
    The two big negatives is the cost ($250) and you are limited to using only Matter Control's software.

No PC needed, you can just upload to a cloud library of your own and access it from the tablet. You can also monitor the print from your computer at work or on your phone. When it's done it will send you a text and/or an email with a photo of the completed print job. All things I find fun and very useful.

I'm getting the feeling from others here who have moved on to other slicers and LCDs that MC is not the optimal slicer to use. I'm still new and will probably get to that position myself one day but so far, I'm doing ok with my T10 and Matter Control.

(6 month old Robo 3D R1 and on my 6th spool of PLA to date)

8. AnthonyHarrington

I get the same idea. I was ok with Matter Control, but not in love with it yet. I'm on my 3rd roll of pla so I am just learning as well. The tablet might be another way to go. (if I don't find better software). I appreciate all the feedback I have received.

9. Rigmarol

Its a lot of money for the t10 in my opinion. If id have known before I bought mine id have gone with the LCD screen and Cura. But i cant say im sorry for going the way I did. I'm enjoying the T10, just not sure I would have chosen it over the good free and low cost opyions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

10. AnthonyHarrington

Printed a project with my macbook and it worked fine. Hooked it back to my mac mini and now it works fine too. Weird. Going to try another program when I get a chance. Thanks everybody.

Rigmarol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.