1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Major issues with RoBo's silver PLA

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by torga, May 1, 2015.

1. torga

torga New Member

Hi all,

I've been using the R1 for over a month now and it's been pretty good. I used the 300g blue spool they sent for a while and it printed great after I dialed in some settings!
    However, I re-supplied with a 1kg spool of RoBo's silver PLA about 2 weeks ago and have had so many issues with it - it just won't stick!! I've scoured the troubleshooting page, tried many tips/tricks, (this link was pretty useful http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/read-me-my-robo-doesnt-auto-level-correctly-faq.4664/), but to not avail. The first layer goes wrong every time. As soon as the extruder touches down, the filament curls, sticks to the hot end and gets dragged along. I have not had a single successful print with the silver PLA. I know there can be some differences due to pigment, but this is drastic!! I'm at my wit's end and I'm hoping someone on here has experience with the silver PLA.

I have not yet tried hair spray, however.

Current settings are:

First layer: extrude temp: 205C / bed temp: 70C
    Rest: extrude temp 200C / bed temp: 65C
    z offset: 0.85mm
    Speed is 35 mm/s with 25% of that for my first layer speed.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

#1 torga, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try a little colder extrusion temp. Although 195 is, I think, the lowest you can go without firmware modification.
    You may not need the bed that hot either. Lastly try adjusting the Z offset closer to the bed (not a lot).

3. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

My guess is z offset as well. Try lowering it