1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Manual Movement Control Not Working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Josh Gauthier, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Josh Gauthier

Josh Gauthier New Member

Hello,

I am just now firing up my Robo 3D R1 for the first time, and everything was going well...until I got to the step in the video to test out the manual movement of the motors. Nothing happened when I clicked "All" for home. Neither did clicking on X, Y, or Z, or any of the other buttons in that section for that matter.

I've looked into some of the other people who have had similar issues, but having a 3D printer right out of the box have this issue was something unique to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

This may be a dumb question, but does MatterControl say the printer is connected?

3. Josh Gauthier

Josh Gauthier New Member

Not a dumb question at all!

It does say it is connected. Do you think I should attempt to reinstall the software first before anything else?

William Muraski likes this.
  4. Josh Gauthier

Josh Gauthier New Member

Reinstalled the software - that seemed to do the trick!

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is MatterControl. Good luck.

6. William Muraski

i have had this happen in MatterControl as well, for me a disconnect and connect solves it till the next print.( it usually happens after a print and if it has been sitting awhile, like it fell asleep and doesn't wake up) also check your power save options in device manager for all USB host and uncheck the box that lets windows to turn the ports off to save energy.