1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Marlin 2.0 won't compile

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stormdrmmr, Jan 19, 2022.

1. stormdrmmr

stormdrmmr New Member

Set configration.h for reprap smart discount controller and for new thermistors. went to verify and got "error compiling for mega or mega 2560" anyone using this firmware successfully?

sort of solved. (and yes I realize I didn't provide enough information). Got multiple errors 1st time I tried updating from V2 relating to graphics. After spending a day trying to figure out how my u8glib got corrupted or which version went with what controller I started out fresh and made sure I included a space when commenting out reprap smart controller. Sketch compiled and uploaded. Of course then the RRDFGC went haywire and wouldn't display english. Went back to "original" R1+ (1.2 I think) and now everything is fine except for my original problem of my bed reading 85*.

#1 stormdrmmr, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you read the FAQ for firmware updates and compiling? Might want to start there.

If the bed is reading 85 when it is room temperature then either your firmware has the incorrect thermistor type defined or the thermistor is damaged. Make sure you are using the correct version of the firmware for your printer. Since you posted in the R1 section I assume it is An R1 beta, and R1, or an R1+? Each has different firmware.