1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Matter Control E3Dv6 1st/2nd layer issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dox, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dox

Dox New Member

Hey all,

I just recently upgraded to the E3D v6 head for my Robo3d. The issue was having was the 1st layer wasn't sticking to the bed but I fixed that with Mike Kelly's advice.

Unfortunately I am still having an issue with my 1st/2nd layer is coming out smaller than the rest of my print as shown in the picture below.

[​IMG]

I have tried all 3 slicer settings in Matter Control and I received the same result, including calibrating it several times.

Anyone have any suggestions on what settings I should be using to combat this? This effects all my prints and because of this, Ninjaflex is a write off until I can get this resolved.

Thanks!

-Dox

2 people like this.
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Looking at that skirt you look a little high on the right side. Maybe also on the left.

Does your printer have a cover on the bottom of it? If yes what is the steps per mm for Z in the EEprom settings

3. Dox

Dox New Member

Hey Mike,

When I check my EEprom settings I get the error: There is no eeprom mapping for your printer's firmware.

As for a cover on the bottom of it? It's one of the newer sent ones. I received this printer in August. [​IMG]

4. Dox

Dox New Member

5. Dox

Dox New Member

The eeprom setting decided to work for me again. I am not sure why it was giving me an error before... [​IMG]

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Do your smooth rods run all the way to the top of the case lid?

If so you should use 2560 for the Z steps per mm.

7. Dox

Dox New Member

I'll input those settings and give it a shot!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dox

Dox New Member

When I tried 2560 z step, it just makes a noise and doesn't move. Also when I exit the program and relaunch it, it won't save the value and keeps changing the z step back to 2267.72

Video here

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

10. Dox

Dox New Member

Okay I'll give it a read tonight, gotta head to work!

I'll give you an update when I can!

11. Dox

Dox New Member

Sorry for the delay but I was able to fix it and the website you also gave me Mike was very helpful!

I had first enable automatic calibration, than adjust the settings to all 3 points until I was able to get a good solid skirt/brim.

I had a model that was basically the whole bed size and I was able to manually calibrate that way watching it go from point to point and raising it or lowering to my liking until I got a solid skirt/brim.

Also I had to go into the Custom G-Code and disable the auto bed leveling so my settings would stay. (I put a semicolon so the program would ignore the code: ;M565 Z0 ;G29)

There were also other factors as well that can throw off the calibration I found. Depending on the way you have your filament being held will effect can the print/calibration as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.