1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MatterControl loading multiple prints or printing off center question

Discussion in 'Software' started by kevin1ab, Oct 12, 2014.

1. kevin1ab

kevin1ab New Member

Hello,
    On my other printer using Repetier-host I can load multiple stl files, [basically fill up the bed if I want to] or locate them on the bed anywhere.
    Just bought the R1 yesterday so I'm new to the software. Version 1.1 btw. How can I print more than one object at a time? How can I move them around if I want to?
    Kevin

2. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

What happens when you load more than one using the add object button? It should populate the viewport with another obj.

I lately have been using Cura to load and organize, size or orient the objects. Real easy. It also has a cool feature called Touching build plate or something like that. I then export it to Gcode. I can play that.gcode in any program. I like Cura for it's support since it been the easiest to remove.

But MC loads one objects one at a time so try loading one after another. What happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

3. kevin1ab

kevin1ab New Member

I don't get the 'view port' panel which I did see as the middle panel in the software at the store on the demo unit. I only have 2 panels not 3. When I click add, it just adds it to the queue. I can 'view' an item in the queue by clicking it and the controls for, view-copy-export-remove are there.
    On the menu bar I only have FILE and HELP drop downs. Nothing there. Windows 7 is the PC software. Thanks.

4. kevin1ab

kevin1ab New Member

so if I load up the queue, I can only print any one in the queue,.. unless I'm 'new' :)

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

When you load an object, there should be some tabs. One is control. You should also see the object as a small picture of it. Click the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

6. kevin1ab

kevin1ab New Member

that's pops open a window then I can click 'Add'. Didn't catch that. Thanks so much Peter :)