1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved MC Home commands broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by luketheyeti, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luketheyeti

luketheyeti Member

Hello, I just moved into a new house and set the printer back up. Thermal sensor for the bed came unhooked during the moving process but I found a video to help me get that plugged back in. Now the printer is not properly responding to the Home commands in Matter Control. I press Home Z and it raises the extruder about 5mm, I press Home Y and it moves in the Y+ about 5 mm, I press Home X and it homes the X axis properly.

Does anyone know why Matter Control would be having this problem? Could my endstops be unplugged? Could I have lost a setting somehow when moving the printer? What is the best way to completely reset Matter Control to see if this is the problem?

Thanks a ton for the help! Hopefully someone knows a solution, I have a lot of prototyping to do this weekend :)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

As we discussed in the shout box. M119 will let you see the endstop status. If it returns triggered on the y it's likely unplugged or a broken wire. If the z returns triggered it means the switch is not making contact with the idler. Watch this http://help.robo3dprinter.com/Guide/Homing+Your+Extruder/7

3. luketheyeti

luketheyeti Member

Yep, both the endstops were unplugged. Hooked them back up and everything is printing like a charm again. Thanks Mike!

Also in addition to the M119, what are some other good commands to know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.