1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Missing Parts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by g_b, Dec 3, 2015.

1. g_b

g_b New Member

Hi all,

I have just recieved my Robo 3d Plus about 10 minutes ago and noticed that the bottom of the lead screws are bare. . . From looking other images I understand that there should be a 'coupler' at the bottom of the z axis?
    So I am wondering whether: a) am I missing parts on my machine and b) will damage anything if I use it?.
    Furthermore, how can I send an image/images to someone from Robo 3D to show them?

Thanks in advance,
    Gerard

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Which one do you have? The R1+ does NOT have couplers and threaded rods. It has leadscrews that mount directly to the steppers.

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

You are lucky and leave it at that. Everyone with couplers want to upgrade to the leadscrews coming on the R1+PLUS shipping out these days found here (http://store.robo3d.com/collections/parts/products/lead-screw-upgrade-kit?variant=6393317251). You should be good to go. Like Mark said, your leadscrews are integrated into the stepper motor. That means no sloppy wobble from the connection with the stepper motor, the flexible coupler, and the leadscrew. You should suffer from Z ribbing like the older models with these screws. Happy printing.

Some other differences with the newer printer version is an aluminum quick release on top of the x carriage. That will come in handy when you ever need to remove the extruder. You also have your X endstop on the left end of the X carriage and a bolt on the carriage itself that triggers the endstop. So so on that change IMO. There is a filament guide on the top of the printer case. You also probably have white LEDs in the case where the older R1s have blue.

If you ever need to upload an image you can always use imgur.com and paste the link into an email, the shoutbox on this forum, and such.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the new printer.

4. g_b

g_b New Member

Yeah, I have the R1+. Thanks for the reply Mark, I am stoked to hear that!
    Appreciate it,
    Gerard

5. g_b

g_b New Member

Cheers danzca,

Like I said to Mark I am absolutely stoked! And thanks for the advice about the end stop, really helpful.
    Cheers,
    Gerard