1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Modding the Lulzbot Flexystruder for the robo3d

Discussion in 'Projects' started by KTMDirtFace, Mar 26, 2016.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

The 3.3 mm offset one might be a bit tight with no PTFE tube.

I forget what offset i used when i did no PTFE i'll have to look tonight.

I did some test prints yesterday and while its feeding good now. It seems I just can't get the layer settings right. looks like a screen door ( or think something with a high infill % ) when i print the layer lines don't touch each other and i'm not sure why. Outline overlap and the layer settings don't seem to help.

Extrusion multiplier does fix it but i have to crank it WAY up. filament is set to the right diameter.

#61 KTMDirtFace, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. KTMDirtFace

So here is kinda the screen door effect im getting right now. Even though this is accidental, I have an idea for a use for it. Vents for my snowmobile..keep the snow out but let air in still.

Next time I tear one of my vents I might try to recreate this accident in ninjaflex. This is only two layers and its ridiculously strong.

[​IMG]

Vents currently on my snowmobile.. ( branches and whatnot tend to go through them eventually. )
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Made some adjustments, getting real close to an actual success.
    [​IMG]

#62 KTMDirtFace, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  3. KTMDirtFace

My printer has been acting weird lately so no updates. I have new heater cores to install, as mine seems to be taking a dive. Hope to get this flexystruder working after I figure out these issues.

4. KTMDirtFace

This thing is still failing constantly. I think a spring loaded deal is really the only way to make it work for 1.75 filament. Going back to stock for now. ( and I bought a E3D Titan )

#64 KTMDirtFace, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016