1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved mostly works now

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JimBlue, Jun 24, 2015.

1. JimBlue

JimBlue Member

Did the paper thing. With Z-1, paper cannot be moved. With Z1, paper moves. I changed my start gcode to M565 Z1

I went with nozzle 195C, bed 55C, layer height 0.2mm, wall thickness 0.4mm, bottom/top thickness 0.8mm

print speed 4mm/s, support: touching buildplate, filament flow 60%, retraction speed 40, retraction amount 4.5mm

I reprinted the calibration cube. The lattice work photo is the bottom, the semi-solid part is the top.

My guess is the less than solid top is the 60% flow. I had been running it at 75% flow.

My other problem is lack of flow for a couple of minutes. I get the melted filament to flow when it heats up, by turning the wheel on the right side of the nozzle. After that, no flow for up to 3 minutes.

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

4mm/s? Is that a typo? That's incredibly slow and could cause dwell heat to get excessive. Be sure your cooling fan is operating after the first layer

Keep your filament flow at 100%. Calibrating your extruder steps per mm is more important.

Also try increasing the number of top fill layers

If your filament flow stops after a certain amount of time make sure your heatsink cooling fan is in operation.

3. JimBlue

JimBlue Member

forty mm per second. Yup, a typo.

The fan runs fine as far as I can tell. I'll check on the extruder steps, but not able to quickly. Busy until Sunday.