1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Mounting bracket for XXL LCD controller RepRap

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by zenekNY, Sep 11, 2015.

1. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

Hello everyone! I'm using this controller:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251980427949
    I found an enclosure for it but I want to have it mounted on my Robo. I was wondering if there are any brackets that I could attach it with to the printer. I downloaded one of a thingverse.com but after printing it, I realized that with it attached to the printer I wouldn't have access to the SD card. [​IMG]
    So I thought that it would be nice to have it mounted in front of the printer.
    In this orientation: [​IMG]
    Did you guys come across any bracket that would allow me to mount it as shown? If not, I guess I'll take a challenge and try to make one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

Something like this [​IMG]
    I still will try to modify it a little bit.

3. Sonny's Robo3D

Have you looked at this one? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613626

Also didn't you have to disconnect the SD card reader anyway to connect the LCD? I just ordered the same one and it has it's own Sd card reader and it looks like it needs the spot on the board for it - Probably connect it tomorrow

4. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

Simply remove the SD card reader and the LCD comes with an adapter which plugs into the spot that SD card reader would be plugged into. Keep in mind that you have to activate it by modifying firmware in the arduino IDE. I used this video to help me with hooking mine up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sonny's Robo3D likes this.
  5. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

And I actually made my own bracket to practice a little bit with the autodesk 123D

6. Sonny's Robo3D

Which bracket did you end up using?

7. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

I used the one I made myself, if I found the one you found, I'd probably use that, but nobody responded to my post and I couldn't find one so I decided to make one. It's very simple but I'm a beginner. If You want it I'll upload it to the thingverse. [​IMG]

8. Sonny's Robo3D

You definitely should put it up on Thingiverse. It's simple and easy to modify. I could use it - just want to put it closer to the Robo and I'm using velcro so I can still remove the top easily. I was looking for something like that.

9. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

here's the "thing" feel free to do anything with it. I tried keeping the space between the robo and controller to be able to plug the ribbon cables. You will need to drill through the case in order to attach the case to this bracket.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1015400

Sonny's Robo3D likes this.
  10. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

Also keep in mind that the SD card sticks out of the enclosure a little bit, I had to move the whole thing up to avoid the platform rubbing on the SD card