1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved My Robo3d printer+ adventures

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mike aguilar, Apr 7, 2016.

1. mike aguilar

mike aguilar New Member

Hello, I recently purchased my 3d printer 3 weeks ago, taking all the precations and reading very carefully along with watching all the youtube vids to help me along couldnt prepare me enough I guess, so lets start my journey off. First day it wouldnt power up when I unboxed the 3d printer so the techs helped out by telling me to crack her open and see if there are any wires not plugged in. Sure enough the brown wire leading to the power cable port was unplugged and success I had been able to power up and see lights. Next I started printing a simple configuration ring but then the fun started, 9 minutes into the print the 3d printer shut off. So I tried again this time thinkin maybe I outta power off the bed while printing, it lasted abit longer and only making the configuration ring it lasted 15 minutes and powered off as est time showed 27 min. It cycled back on a minute later with lights and bed levling checking itself and all but I thought great I gotta get to finding small things to print in less that 20 minutes in order to make anything... I tried different print objects and only using the Mattecontrol software. So after a night of troubleshooting and researching and more fails I rested, the next day I called tech support and they forward me to a tech support 2 as it was trouble diagnosed that the power supply is bad. Waited a week for a new power supply and recieved as the new power supply was swapped in and getting a tech to help me out making sure it was powered in right and hooked in right(Thanks Jerry). I had been able to print the config ring right, I moved on to the cube and so on, it was running longer than 40 minutes. Later it would stop saying connection was broken, I knew next to immidiatly order the XXL LCD display from Printersolid. They do great service I must say as I ordered it on a Thursday and recieved it on a Saturday. Moving on to my next problem and final problem my extruder rides to close to the glass and I have adjusted and downloaded Cura to help me config. But everytime I print it ends up riding the glass. This is where im asking for help, if needed on what my config is to display on forums let me know as I am new at this and seeking help. Thanks guys

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Set your initial Z offset a little higher.

For example (startup GCode):

G28 ; home all axes
    M565 Z-1.0 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism
    G29 ; run auto-level

Raise the number for the M565 a little bit (0.1 increments). More negative -> further from bed

mike aguilar likes this.
  3. mike aguilar

mike aguilar New Member

Worked like a charm Thanks So much Mark!

mark tomlinson likes this.