1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New E3D V6 Hot End - Now NO HEAT...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ashley Fox, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ashley Fox

Ashley Fox New Member

So I just picked up a new E3D v6 Hot End (1.75mm Univ w/ Bowden) for my R1. I did the mod and have the printer back together and now I have a major issue and I cannot seem to figure out the issue.

I connected the 2 heat wires to D10
    I connected the heatsink fan to the 12v rail (and it turns on)
    I coonected the thermistor to T0

I have not touched the wires going to the heat bed heating element nor have I touched the wires going to that thermistor.

When I go into MatterControl, it sees the printer and connects.

If I go to Settings & Controls and tell it to Pre-Heat the hot-end OR the heated bed... it now stays at 0.0 deg C

I am confused as all hell. I originally purchased a E3D clone on eBay and it at least heated up (and so did the bed). Now... I put this together and installed it... I am having this issue.

I am very new to this. I picked up this printer used and the original hot end worked but it kept getting clogged so I I originally purchased the clone (but that is another bad decision) so I went to MatterHackers in Orange County and bought an authentic E3D hot-end kit. I and just really confused right now. Can someone toss me some ideas of what can be causing this?

Thanks,
    Ashley

#1 Ashley Fox, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Ashley Fox

Ashley Fox New Member

After doing a bunch of troubleshooting... the end result was a loose thermistor. Both items are heating now and doing a test print.

mark tomlinson likes this.