1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New printer Bed Leveling not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by drandolph, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drandolph

drandolph Member

Just got my new printer today and it has the nuts and switches installed for the auto bed leveling. The problem how do I get it to work? I noticed in mattercontrol that the firmware was only V1 so i ran the update which got it to V5 and I also ran the MatterControl update so now I'm on v 1.1.4. In the intro video it say to leave auto print level disabled and I tried it disabled and it didn't level I also tried to manually level the bed and it still won't go back to the distance i originally calibrated to, it's about 1/2" too high on manual. Setting it to enable didn't change anything. Is there a specific firmware I need to use considering this is a brand new model and from what I've read so is the APL feature?

2. Dox

Dox New Member

I am in the same boat but I find when I hit 'home' my extruder is going too low, resting on the heat bed.

When I go to start a print it, I find it touching all 3 corners and it gets jammed before it even starts the print. I know this is the auto calibration but I've calibrated multiple times. Even when I purposely calibrated like 10mm off the heatbed it still does this.

3. likemee

likemee New Member

I am having the same problem. However, when I disable the auto level, it is automatically enabled when printing. I do not see it go through a procedure of auto leveling. Should I see the printer test out nine points for leveling before it prints? Help!!!

4. Dox

Dox New Member

Is it going straight to the middle and begins the print right away?

5. drandolph

drandolph Member

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Aut0-level features are enabled. I tried running matter control's auto bed leveling personally and was disappointed and frustrated with their feature. I've been talking to them about it to try and see if there's ways it can be improved.

For now I recommend a couple things: Remove G29 from the startup G-code.

Use Repetier Host or Cura.

7. drandolph

drandolph Member

So I've been using the new MatterControl Version 1.1.7 and now the auto level works perfectly. I just wanted to come back in case anyone else stumbles on this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.