1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer New R1 (new to me) inherited from a friend. worked for him, non-functional for me. I need help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by MarchHare, Jul 31, 2019.

1. MarchHare

MarchHare New Member

I'm inheriting a robo 3d R1 from someone who doesn't have room for it, and trying to set it up..... I've gone through every driver I can think of and tried 3 slicers.

Closest I've gotten is with Cura for Robo..... I can get the extruder to heat up but there's no response from the motors whatsoever. No movement manually or automatically.

Here's where I'm at....

• Communication drivers installed, PC recognizes the ardrino, ardrino drivers installed (it's a mega 2500)

• Installed cura for Robo, as well as mattercontrol

• Mattercontrol will not connect to the printer. gives instant unable to communicate error every time

• Cura for Robo WILL connect....... but will only heat up the extruder. Cannot control the motors at all

• When attempting to print something it.... doesn't. because the bed/head won't move at all.

• Light on the Ardrino flashes red rapidly

2. MarchHare

MarchHare New Member

UPDATE

After leaving it overnight to come back with fresh brains, suddenly..... the steppers work!

I can load up cura for robo and if I clock the buttons in the prepare tab, it moves the bed and head perfectly. X Y and Z

HOWEVER...... It does not accept any g-code commands and still will not print at all.

Tried g0, g28, g29, doesnt respond at all.

AND after attempting a print, the manual move buttons stop working until I close and re-open cura

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try instead:
    G0;
    G28;
    G29;

(Gcode is Case sensiive so g0; g28; and g29; will get ignored)

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Try something NOT Cura :)

It could be the ending GCode block in Cura is leaving it in a weird state.

RepetierHost is a good alternative.

5. MarchHare

MarchHare New Member

OKAY

Installed RepetierHost

it responds, it can be moved manually, and it responds to a G28 code...... but absolutely nothing else at all. I tried a dozen gcodes. if I manually move the bed around then do a g28 again, it'll run again as expected but..... no other gcode does anything

Tried to start a print. sliced it, started the print...... and RepetierHost was stuck in "Heating Extruder" for 10 minutes past when the extruder was up to proper temperature. When starting the print the printer returned to "home" (g28)

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

OK, that is a start. Save the Gcode console from from one of the printing attempts.
    Before the print starts do the G28; and then these as well (and show us the results):

G28;
    M119;

<show us output>

M104 S190;
    <show us output>

wait a few minutes then:

M105;

<show us output>

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The point of all of that is to verify that the printer firmware is sane and trying to do the right thing.
    There may still be a hardware issue or two to find -- rule out the firmware.

MAKE SURE that the communications between the printer and the host software is set to 115kbaud (115200) -- instructions here on checking/setting that stuff: https://www.repetier.com/connection-problems/

8. MarchHare

MarchHare New Member

Thanks Mark, I'll run through all that on the weekend

mark tomlinson likes this.