1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Robo - Giant Clog

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Guille, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guille

Guille New Member

Just got my new robo today and it is already clogged up. It was running fine - just printed 1 part at low detail and was about to try it out at full detail. But I had to remove the filament because there was a knot. When I tried to insert it back it did not go in. This was PLA at 200 - still the default settings on the SW. You can see in the attached picture there is a giant chunk of plastic clogging the entrance to the hot end. I can't see how this can be cleared without taking the whole thing apart. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Well there's a few options. Obviously the nozzle should be hot.

Tweezers. If they can get it in there

A sharp metal object (JUST DON'T SCRATCH THE METAL) Preferably heated so you can kind of melt the filament. Be super careful if you try this.

Push filament through. Heat the nozzle up to 235 if you haven't modified the firmware and force more filament through.

Finally undo the 2 screws holding the nozzle in place and pull the filament out.

Sucks I know. I've probably taken work's Replicator 2x's drive block apart a dozen time to remove jams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.