1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New Robo3D does not reset to home - Z axis just goes up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JeffL, Feb 4, 2016.

1. JeffL

JeffL New Member

I just got in my robo3d plus and set it up and installed the software and updated the software MatterControl to 1.4. I installed all the drivers and turned on the printer and turned on "preheat" - and then picked "Calibration - Box" and hit print ... so exciting! however, the printer doesnt seem to know where the print bed is, it just keeps going up toward the top of the printer. I uninstalled MatterControl and reinstalled.

So, I went to "settings and controls" and under "movement controls" i click on "X" (next to the home logo) and the printer seemed to move to the same position all the time for x or the print head. The same for "Y" which moves the print bed all the way to the back. When I click on "Z" it just keeps moving the axis UP toward the top of the printer. I have to hit "Z - " to get it go down.

When I start the print it seems to go left to right and it stops at the corners and middle but the printer just doesnt know what to do with the "z" axis... i noticed one of the posts on the right side of the printer is not in the hole at the top of the printer (the smooth metal post).

Also, I couldnt find any up close pictures of the "z" contacts, but they dont look right either, so maybe the contacts are doing their job to tell the printer how low or high for it to go.

I have posted a video, maybe someone can help me figure this out. I am hoping that during the shipment that something got knocked out of place and i can fix it, i really want to use this.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Look at the thumbnail for you video, see the brass nut? It should be inside the X axis Idler arm and the switch that is attached to it must be touching the bottom of the same arm. When it does not touch the auto-level routine already believes it has hit the bed and just rises as it measures all 9 spots on the bed.

3. Thomas

Thomas Member

WheresWaldo, would you be so kind as to post pics of correct placement positioning of the brass nut in relation to the x axis idler arm and switch that you spoke of please? I had made an adjustment to my printer a while back and not totally sure if I am completely back to proper position. Pics of this to would be very helpful to a visual learner like me. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Mine is representative as I don't have an R1+PLUS
    _1MG6000.jpg
    The hexagonal brass nut must sit up in the hexagonal hole in the bottom of the arm on BOTH sides, the result is the microswitch needs to be activated (depressed) during normal use and movement.

5. JeffL

JeffL New Member

i took the top arch off and put the left and right arms back into position. see before and after pics

Before
    IMG_20160205_before.jpg

After IMG_20160205_after.jpg

6. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Yep, both sides need to look like that.

7. Thomas

Thomas Member

Got it thank you very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk