1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New to These Parts

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Eric R., Jun 6, 2016.

1. Eric R.

Eric R. Member

Hello, everyone! I stumbled into 3D printing by drooling over a Robo 3D that a friend had set up. Just a couple weeks ago I got a call that he'd bought another for $200 that needed some tweaking, and wondered if I'd like to buy it from him. This seemed like a reasonable way into 3D printing - I knew I'd have to mess around quite a bit, but I'd be earning my chops, and you can't beat the price.

So after quite a bit of internetting and fussing - remember, I still don't even know what half the gewgaws and thingies are called - I was able to send a message to the printer and have it respond with the following ridiculous glob:

[​IMG]

...and, as HORRIBLE as this is, I'm still utterly - almost babyishly - thrilled! I have only up to go from here. I'm hoping to get some good advice from all y'all, and it's nice to meet you.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there ! Welcome. Start up a troubleshooting thread and ill be happy to get you going again. Bright side is the parts for our robos nice and cheap :) upgrades are fair prices. Great all around printer IMO :)

#2 Geof, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    TomerO likes this.