1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

newbie needing alittle help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ant, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you installed the drivers for the Arduino USB connection?

If you have another Arduino board (UNO or Mega) will it connect to this USB properly so you can see the board in the Arduino IDE?

Below is the troubleshooting info from Repetier Host

Select correct COM port. Only if you select the com port of your printer, you are able to connect. In the printer settings you have a dropdown list to select the port of your printer. These ports are only visible, if the printer is connected! So connect your printer and select the port. If you are not sure if it is the right port, unplug the printer and click on “Refresh Ports”. If the port vanishes for the dropdown list(the seleced port will not disappear, even if it is not available), you had the right port. You can of course also do it the other way around. If no new port appears, you need to install the driver first.

2. ant

ant New Member

Guys thanks for all your help . Don't no why but I've uninstalled driver's to printer and reinstalled now working fine. Printer my first thing last night . Having few issues getting it to stay stuck to bed but I'm happy now . Thanks again to everyone that's helped

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

All good :) Just a driver problem.

Lots of advice on the forum to solve bed sticking issues. Just one extra piece - don't use Slic3r 1.0 RC2. This version of Slic3r has a major bug handling the first layer - darn near impossible to get anything to stick with this version.

4. ant

ant New Member

Ok thanks for that . I'll have a look when I get home see what version I'm using

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.