1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Ninjaflex + PLA +Robo 3D printer feet = Nonslip Robo feet

Discussion in 'Projects' started by nierro, Apr 8, 2015.

1. nierro

nierro Member

I just moved my Robo on top of small desk thing I bought at Ikea. The desk was made with finished plywood thing that was super slippery to plastic. Just a tad bump and it would slide and I didn't like that. Pretty sure PLA would of done the same, but NinjaFlex wouldn't snap on like PLA would So what do I do? I Print with BOTH!
    [​IMG]
    I had the slicer to print the 1st layer at 260 and rest at 200. bed temp at 0 for the 1st layer and 40 for the rest (pretty sure you don't have to do this)
    After the 1st layer of ninjaflex was down, I paused the print and and swithed to PLA for the rest. There was slight lifting on one of the feet, but I haven't done too many prints with the ninjaflex so I prob didn't set something right.
    [​IMG]
    The feet snapped on and it's not slipping like it use to. It has LOT MORE resistance now.
    I am sure I am not the 1st one to do this, but figuring it out on my own... I felt like a FKIN GENIUS!!!

2. janot928

janot928 Active Member

Great idea! how strong is the bound beetwin the two ?

3. nierro

nierro Member

I haven't really did a str test. But I tried to pull the brim off it, and I couldnt. Lol