1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved No Temperatures Reported

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Peter Daly, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Daly

Peter Daly New Member

Left my printer running last night, and it stopped mid-print (after 2 hours) saying MIN_TEMP was triggered.

Ever since, neither the nozzle or the bed report any temperature. In repetier, nozzle shows temp of 0, and it acts like the printer does not have a heated bed. In MatterControl, both nozzle and bed show temperature of 0.

What do I do? Thanks for any help.

I am somewhat experienced with 3d printers, I have an Orion 3D with over 600 hours of ABS printing on it. I've replaced the hotend on the Orion with an E3D V6, so I somewhat understand the general components and connections. Robo 3d has been out of the box for two weeks...it's been a non-stop struggle with issues. Just got a safety enclosure which should help with my ABS curling issues...it died while printing out the clips to hold the enclosure on. I am not at all familiar with the Robo 3D bed connections or how to access the electronics.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

RAMPS.GIF Open the bottom (if you have a bottom cover) and look at the RAMPS board (top electronics module) make sure the connectors are attached and nothing has fallen loose. There should be a fan mounted directly above this board which you may have to move to see the connections for the thermistors (they are more towards the center of the board).

If not then read the resistance of the thermistors where they connect to the RAMPS (T0 and T1) and make sure you have no broken or intermittent wires.

3. Peter Daly

Peter Daly New Member

Not the plug. Tried re-flashing firmware too. Will check resistances later.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, sounding more like a problem in the wire loom from the RAMPS to the hotend and bed. Odd that both thermistors lost signal at the same time, but anything is possible.

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

When I got that issue, it turned out to be broken wires from the back and forth movement. I had one on my bed and one on my hot end.

6. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

when I had that issue it was a loose or shorting thermistor wire. It shorted or made too rapid an intermittent contact and shut down the board, just like the safety shutdown. But it did it to both plate and extruder. I had to shut down the machine to let the board reset. No command or re-connection helped. fixed thermistor problem, cold-booted the board and it was fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.