1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sofiadragon1979, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sofiadragon1979

When I got the printer it was going up & down just fine to a point so I used the "auto home" feature & then it started acting squerly w/ the bed going back so far that it was making a grinding noise & then going forward doing the same thing & then the Z axis dropped down to the point that it bottomed out & the Z axis rod kept spinning even when I shut it off now the left Z axis rod just spins in place I don't know what to do I already contact ROBO but since it's the weekend I don't think I'll get a reply back till monday @ least.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. sofiadragon1979

Ok, I did the report & sent it & I also noticed something the left Z axis switch isn't making a connection w/ the carriage but the carriage itself won't sit down on it, I am thinking that the carriage might not be entirely leveled is that a possibility?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Definitely. Run the carriage back and forth so that a paper barely fits under it. They really need to add that to the getting started video. No idea why they removed it.

5. sofiadragon1979

I already did that twice, that was when I contacted them & also posted here & yet the problem still persists.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Can you raise the axis 10mm above the bed and send a picture?

7. sofiadragon1979

Here are the pics of the printer. The first one is the rod that I mentioned that spins when it hits the bottom & also that the Z axis end stop isn't sitting, but on that one I also noticed that it won't drop any further when the rod is fully seated & the second image has the carriage sitting @ 10mm. Platform at 10mm.JPG Rod that spins when at bottom.JPG

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Your left nut isn't fully seated it looks like. Hold the right threaded rod and twist the left until it seats in the carriage. Then send M119 and see if it reports the endstop as Open

9. sofiadragon1979

I just got contacted back from ROBO & they said that I need a new coupler for the left Z axis when I get that in I'll try leveling things out again.

10. sofiadragon1979

***UPDATE***

I just did the M119 again on the printer specifically w/ the Z axis limit switches out of the socket so they should be showing that they are closed but it is still showing them in the open position. And also it says that I am running firmware ROBO 3D I have a feeling that, that isn't right @ all, so a little help is needed.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Do you have a cover over the bottom? Hexagon hot end?

M119 won't say closed. The two options are Open (not on the endstop) or Triggered (On the end stop)

For the Z axis Triggered means the nozzle is touching the bed, and the Z axis nuts have started to unseat from the housing causing the switches to deactivate, which shows a closed circuit to the board and reports triggered.

12. sofiadragon1979

Yes mine has the closed bottom & I believe it's the hexagon hot end, it's a 100% stock R1, & it is reading open when they should be reading triggered.

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

14. sofiadragon1979

Ok I uploaded the new firmware & it was trying to do the auto bed lvling @ the beginning of the print but it just kept going up, so how should I deal w/ this. 'Cause when I do the manual leveling how do I lock in where the bed is @?

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

16. sofiadragon1979

Since the auto leveling isn't working how do I do it manualy that's what I'm asking 'cause when I start a print it goes up & up & up for the auto level & then when the print is supposed to start it is nearly @ the top, it's like the Z axis is all switched up or something.

17. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hold down both switches by hand/tape. Then try sending M119.

Trying to manually level it if the autolevel isn't working is like trying to turn the steering wheel because your car is going right. Eventually the flat tire is going to pop and you'll end up on the side of the road.

Instead just put some air in and do things right the first time.

The raising up is because the endstop thinks it's been triggered and the raise is between each movement.

18. sofiadragon1979

I just got it working now all I need to do is get either some hairspray or a glue stick

19. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Check out the hairspray thread.

20. sofiadragon1979

I'm going to be getting some on the 1st when I have some free money, I did some tweaking on the slicer & now it's printing fine for now but I will have that as a back up. Thank you for the info though it is greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.