1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Nut size for fan mount?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Darius R-K, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

I got my printer today and it came with the fan, the mount, and bolts: but no nuts.
    Does anyone know what size nuts they are so I can pick them up? I'm assuming they are for machine screws.

2. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

If you take the bolts to your local fastenings supplier they should be able to match them for you.

3. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

I think I used m3 screws

4. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

It does, I ended up just going through all the bins until I found the nuts I needed.
    I think they were: M3, .70mm thread spacing

5. Nik

Nik New Member

I did not receive any bracket, just the fan in a small bag. Where does it mount? The wires attached to the fan are too short to reach the board underneath. Where on the board does the fan get connected to?

6. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

Mine came with a mount, screws and extension wires, you should email the team or ask harry about yours. You can print the bracket if needed (I think Cambo made a bracket). You will need to buy some 20 or 22 guage wire and either wire nuts or solderless connectors to extend the wires. Alternatively you can solder them. Red goes to the + mark on D9 (See cambos post on this). http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/robo3d-front-mount-fan-adapter.855/#post-3612

To attach the fan you can do it one of two ways.

Cambo:
    • Print the fan mount
    • You will need to go to your local hardware store and get M2 screws along with whatever screws fit your fan. (You could use M2 screws and nuts and tighten them until the fan doesn't move)
    • Attach as per cambo's post

If you wait for a robo3D mount:

• Raise your z axis to almost max (180mm)
    • Theres a screw under the extruder, its big near the front. Unscrew it.
    • Put the fan mount on the screw and screw it back in
    • Now attach the fan by lining it up with the holes and threading the M3 bolts that come with it (Hopefully)
    • Picture (notice how the screws are put in backwards than what would be expected, do that)
    • route the wires however you please (I suggest through the cable guide)
    • Attach to D9 and turn on cooling in the filament section of slic3r

Attached Files:

7. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

depending if you print the backet or not it may simply be a screw the machine screws usually make their own threads and secure just by themsleves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.