1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Octoprint not accessible from outside network

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TylerJ, Jan 17, 2016.

1. TylerJ

TylerJ New Member

So I've searched and tried every suggestion on the first 2 pages of Google searches. I'm completely new to Raspberry Pi but I know my way around networking, firewalls, port forwarding and I already have a URL that updates whenever my outside IP address changed.

My Raspi 2 was assigned a static hardwired IP during the setup. In my router that MAC also has an IP reservation set to the same address.

I set up the user authentication and forwarded port 5000. Whenever I try from my phone or from work the address (address.changeip.net:5000) just times out.
    I know the address is working, because I can connect to my router config using a different port.

Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You really need to ask this question on the OctoPi or OctoPrint support forum There are only a very few people here using the rPi or rPi2.

3. sesl

sesl New Member

Do you access your Octopi from your internal network on the 5000 port?

Also If you have your own router attached to your ISP supplied router/modem then it's highly possible that your ISP modem/router isn't in a bridged mode (look up double NAT) that would pass that specific traffic along even if it passes along the port you use for your router config access.

Still, like Waldo said, this forum is probably not the best place for that kind of question mostly because it's a specific networking issue and not even a Pi nor OctoPrint issue since it works fine on your internal network.

4. sanjok raja

sanjok raja New Member

Try this ip address:192.168.1.2