1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Oh no, it's not my Robo3D printer....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peter Krska, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

After running my Robo3D printer since MARCH 2014, almost everyday without any issues, today my laptop computer died. Oh the horror!

Blue screen of death. Rebooting got the desktop back, started a print and my screen went black, the print continued a short while longer, but my screen went black, and I tried plugging in an external monitor, but there was no hard drive access. Black screen.

My main concern is to get my settings back as they were when I first installed it. Everything will need to be reinstalled including the Adrino stuff.

Since there has been so many changes to the hardware in the latest version of the Robo3D printer, will I still be able to get the previous versions needed to get mine working again with a new install?

I know the MC software I use is working so it's a matter of firmware and any other settings.

Will it matter to go with the recommended settings for the new Robo3D printer to use on my original Robo3D printer?

What firmware should I be using?

2. cosber

cosber Active Member

I have the original, with the usual upgrades. I hit the upgrade button every time one is available, so I'm using the latest-can't tell you the version off the top of my head. I'm very happy with my prints so I don't see why you couldn't go with that once you get it up and running. Also bought a $250 Acer laptop dedicated for the printer. After reading a post about memory possibly affecting the speed of Slic3r, maybe I should have spent a little more for one with more memory, but the Matterslicer took care of that.

3. Peter Krska

Your talking printing software. I am talking about the Adrino firmware upon initial install. Do you know which firmware your using!

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

It says Arduino Mega 2560. Is that what you're looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Peter Krska

I'm not sure. The computer is not up. Can't check. So my main question to anyone familiar with the older version compared to the newer version with the auto bed levelling, do they still use the same version? I think not but I am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I think the 3-14 version from here is what I have loaded. Yea, Marlin_3_14_14 looks like it.
    (and I still manually level the bed)

2 people like this.