1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

One of the bed magnets unlatched, any advice?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kaan, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaan

Kaan Member

I couldn't remove it from the other magnet, so instead, I cleaned the top of the magnet and bottom of the heated bed and put a minor amount of gorilla glue in between (didn't have any other compatible glue)

Looking back now, I could have tried duct taping the magnet and trying to remove it, everything else failed, couldn't find another magnet to pull it off, other adhesive methods I tried failed

I really don't like the auto leveling and magneted beds, I kind of started envying the manually leveled/springed beds of those repraps :)

2. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Next time just put the scraper on the magnet and then turn in like you would a screwdriver...the magnet sticks better to the scraper and will start to lift off so you can just grab it :)

As far as adhesion, I used that goop7000 glue for my replacement bed and it worked great, likely similar to gorilla glue. To be honest what you did is the easiest way to get the magnets lined up correctly anyway.

3. Kaan

Kaan Member

Thanks for the advice, I tried that method on the first magnet, it seemed like the magnet was on the other magnet for life, nothing even got close to removing it, the gluing worked

The neighbor magnet also unlatched the same way, this time the scraper method worked :)

It helps with the cleaning a bit, but the end result is to put it back in and gluing while the other magnets are holding it in place

I'm guessing the other two would require the same treatment some time soon

4. link4044

link4044 Member

i used some hobby CA glue and it kept it on the bed pretty good

5. Kaan

Kaan Member

Also forgot to tell, the dark color of the heated bed comes from the bottom coating, and it's scratched very easily, something to keep in mind
    I decided to scrap the glue of the second removed magnet, scratched the bed at a pint size in the process, painted it black later on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.