1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Order status thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Chris McKernan, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris McKernan

Chris McKernan New Member

Hello,

I've been noticing (and following) the "Does Anyone know which order number the Robo Team is on?"
    thread since I placed my order in February. I'm wondering why there isn't an 'Official' version of this thread, one that lists the order number, type of printer, media ordered and status (with a last updated date for the list).

I know this would add extra work at end of day after completing shipments but it would give customers a verifiable way to get an estimate on when to expect their printer to ship (and the extra media info could help explain delays for some). This could reduce support/post sales customer service via email and increase customer confidence.

Just a suggestion, I sure as hell would love to see which orders have shipped...It also helps make your customers feel like they are part of the process (and no real personal information would be in the list so there are no privacy issues).

What does anyone else think?

Chris
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They definitely don't have time for this unfortunately. Day to day business and planning for the companies future eats up more time than they have.

Shortly though their stock should catch up to their shipments and there will be a drastically reduced shipping timeline

3. Chris McKernan

This is just my personal feedback on what I see on the forums, but it appears they are likely losing some business to customer being concerned about lead-times and shipping breakage issues. I totally understand that there is a focus on 'future' goals and the companies direction in the future but more satisfied customers today will lead to more referrals or repeat orders in the future.

Hire a student to put in a few hours at the beginning (or end) of the week and have them update the status of shipments/orders. I really think there is value in this service with little extra cost to the owners of the business and *reduced* email traffic asking about his/her orders every week.

Mike, I realize that this 'problem' will eventually be drastically reduced as fulfillment gets quicker. I personally know of someone who decided *not* to purchase because they believed that some shipments from last June hadn't been supplied yet (not sure if this is true). This could be true but it's a false perception that people who've ordered recently won't get the printer for 6 months - it appears they are on a 4-5 week lead time.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'm trying to coordinate with them better to get more internal feedback while not requiring much of them.

I don't know if the shipping stigma will go away until they're shipping just in time.

They actually have Drew Eby as an intern there and he's been posting a lot. I just don't think they want that much transparency.

2 people like this.
  5. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

I know it can feel frustrating when you get a bad case of want it now. They have a pretty specific lead time on their order page, and from all indications its pretty spot on (it has changed over the past few months as initial orders were completed and most posts I have seem indicate the lead time quoted at the time of order was very close.) I can speak from experience that its better to provide a reasonable expectation of approximate times than to disclose overtly specific information.

If they for example posted a thread saying Order #'s xxxx, xxxx, and xxxx have shipped, there will be someone whos order doesn't get shipped even though they are 75 orders previous to the ones that just went out. Maybe its because the PLA only models are more backed up and all the orders shipped were ABS capable. Perhaps that persons credit card charge was reversed by their bank because it was an unusual transaction for that customer and they were on a cruise ship and didnt get a call from the bank, so that Robo order was on hold for 2 weeks. Even something as simple as it being all ready to ship but it got dropped while prepping for shipping and so would have to wait 2 weeks for the next shipment of heated beds to arrive. In all of these cases we have someone who is likely to post about how bad their experience is because they shipped other people stuff before theirs.

Being overly open, unfortunately can lead to more criticism because people...especially people on the internet who feel secure in their opinion that no one should ever make a mistake. In the end I feel your frustration, I had to wait a month before I even ordered one after deciding the Robo was the printer I wanted to mess with, and now I too am in the queue....waiting...waiting...waiting....

Amazon Prime has really screwed with my ability to wait :p

6. Chris McKernan

And with Amazon Prime Drones to make deliveries (wtf?) you get you stuff even faster.

I think I mentioned in another thread that the estimate I received from them just before ordering was pretty much dead on (possibly 2 days earlier)... so those ordering feel comfortable with whatever the quote you were given was. In my case 5-6 weeks, but now I think they quote 4-5 weeks.

After the item shipped - it was *very* fast delivery. Printer arrived packed very well and overall I was very satisfied with the transaction. No complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.