1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Success?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Chris Kucsera, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

Got Repetier talking to my printer finally. Unfortunately, my printer isn't fully functional. I can do the following: heat the extruder and the bed, turn on the fan (I think. There is a whirring noise, but I don't feel any air moving), and move the bed all the way to the back. Can't move the bed forward, and no X-Axis or Z-Axis movement whatsoever, although the motors do sound like they're trying to work. I am at a loss as to what to do next. I've checked all the wiring, it seems all conected quite sturdily. Any ideas?

CK

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You've clicked the home button?

Could be a loose connection though if you hear them trying to run then it's probably not that.

Go into further detail about how you're trying to move things.

3. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

Thanks! Figured out my problem: the Getting Started guide advised testing the x, y, and z axis before homing the extruder. Doing that, the printer would not respond to most movement commands. Once I clicked the home button the printer responded to all the movement commands from Repetier. I know it probably seems like common sense to click the home button first, but as someone who hasn't ever worked with 3d printing, it wasn't obvious to me. Thank you for the assistance.

CK

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yeah I'm an engineer and did the same thing so I yelled at coby about that so he knows. Unfortunately it'll be a bit till they adjust the guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.