1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Parts sticking too well

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BradStew, Sep 23, 2015.

1. BradStew

BradStew New Member

Have Robo 3D R1 +
    I use hairspray and am printing Conductive ABS.
    I am using .1mm layer width and Fill Density =1 (very dense parts needed to hold screws).
    I have set the bed to 85C and the extruder to 215C (per recommended settings).
    I have to use hairspray because if I use the glue stick, the support won't adhere to the bed on the first layer. And if I print multiple copies of the same part, some will wind up coming loose from the bed. The parts are small--about 0.25 x 0.15 x 0.1 inches.

But the problem is that once the bed cools to room temp, it sticks so well that I damage the part when I try to remove it.
    Any suggestions? Would increasing Filament-->Extrusion-->Support Material from 0 to 100% help to keep my supports from coming loose?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I use a flat blade razor to start lifting the part up, then a cricut spatula/print removal tool to remove it further.

Picture of a first layer as it's being printed?

3. BradStew

BradStew New Member

I now found out that if I use the metal scraper while the bed is still hot, it pops right off. If it's cooled down, then spraying water on it helps.

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member