1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Pinched Wires ...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bim, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bim

Bim New Member

I started having trouble with my printer. It was stopping in the middle of a run so I took the bottom cover off to find a Z Axis wire for the left side pinched when someone placed the bottom cover on the unit. Now placing it back together to see if this was the problem. The wire was pinched under the screw that holds the bottom cover at the power supply. 011.JPG

#1 Bim, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What did that connect to? I don't see exposed wires so it as probably alright.

Were you getting any errors when the prints failed?

3. Bim

Bim New Member

They connected to the Z Axis drive on the left side. There was an intermittent break on power so the printer would just stop printing after about three passes. I cut the section out and soldered back together and it seems to be working now.

No errors when the print failed. The program just said printing and the machine just stood still.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Z axis drive? I don't know what you mean, the motor? or was it to a switch

5. Bim

Bim New Member

The wires went to the Z Axis drive motor on the left side. It is hard to see in the photo but the black wire was pinched hard. I tested with my meter and found a little movement would give me connection. There was a massive bundle of wires leading in that area. I tied them together and place them all out of harms way. I put in a small piece of tape to hold them in position. Like I said, it is working fine now so this may be marked solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.