1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Port settings on the driver ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Fretwell, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

Hi

I had some really great help from Jeff Janes yesterday which sorted out my slice issue and gave me some good settings to start with, thank you very much Jeff.

After Jeff helped me i played around a bit sending commands to the printer, all was fine for a few hours then the commands stopped going through. I have tried deleting the driver, restarting the Win 7 laptop, re-loading the driver again but nothing.

The connect and disconnect buttons seem to work (that's what is shown anyway on Repetier) but no commands will go through ? Does anyone know what the port settings should be on the driver in Device Manager ? mine are below are look like defaults:

9600- Bits per second
    8 - Data bits
    Parity - none
    Stop bits - 1
    Flow control - none

Regards
    John

2. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

What an idiot, the power was not on :mad: however, that was not the case yesterday and i can see from the other posts others have this issue also.

I am still an idiot though :)

3. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

One thing to note:
    On Repetier it shows green as if it is connected, however, that was not possible because it was not even plugged in :)

4. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey John, that happens at times. I just recommend disconnecting from repetier, even if nothing is plugged in then plug the printer into the computer and connect again.

5. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

That happens to me too, except that the printer and computer are on. :)
    It happened during prints with PLA and ABS. Frustrating to say the least. The extruder head stays hot as does the bed but the motors will not move. That melts the piece, ruining it.
    I guess I'm glad that I'm not th eonly one and together maybe we can figure it out.
    Cheers,
    John
    (Yes, alcohol helps)

6. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

One other thing. Once that happens, I cannot close the Repetier program at all. I have to use the Ctrl, Alt, Del trick to force a shut down of the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.