1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Possible filament feed spring replacement

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by SoLongSidekick, Mar 21, 2014.

1. SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick Active Member

Hey all,

So after losing one of my filament feed clamp springs and not being able to find a replacement on the internet, I finally remembered I work for an MRO supply company -_-. One of our vendors is Century Spring and I called them up to see if they had something similar. The stock springs are 30mm uncompressed, 6.4mm OD, 5.4mm id, .5mm thick, 3mm between coils. Century Spring sent me some samples of 31.8mm uncompressed, 6.35mm OD, .6mm thick springs pictured below.

[​IMG]

Since these are pretty damn close I think they will be a suitable replacement; perhaps even better since they are a bit longer and a bit thicker which should provide more tension. Once I pop these on my printer on my lunch break and test them out I will report back. Would anyone be interested in ordering a few of these? I believe their minimum order is $40, and my cost is about 75 cents meaning we would have to order 54 of them to meet their minimum. I don't know about you guys, but I definitely wouldn't mind having a few extras of these around.