1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Possible new owner, just saying hi.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by JLuke, Aug 13, 2014.

1. JLuke

JLuke New Member

Been pondering a new printer for a while, this may be the one, so far it's #1 on my list. Searching for a printer as been a bit of a pain, I'm used to computer parts jumping double in price for only 10% more value, this is worlds different, every time I settle on a certian printer for say 600 bucks, I see a better printer for only 200 more where I can get double the value( much larger print area, heated bed and so forth), it's never ending it seems like.

I've dabbled a bit with maya for a while and mainly what seemed to make me lose intrest is the fact most of the things I wanted to draw were usable things, not video game/entertainment 3d models. Being able to make, hold and use the items in my head seems to be a huge jump forward.

Been reading up on this printer for a bit and like every other sub 1k dollar printers it has its share of issues, most of which look like things I can handle. It's a somewhat scary thought to drop 800+ on a product and expect/prepare for the issues to come.

Anyway, I look forward to talking with the people here and possibly being a help to someone else in the future when I figure things out.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Welcome. It's a very capable printer, but being able to do light soldering and use a screw driver can be really helpful later on.

3. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Not everyone has issues. Only a few and by the looks of it, the issues are mostly not understanding what to do when things go bad. That's the learning curve.

It like riding a bike, you will fall. Just get up and keep peddling.

Learn from all the others issues and solutions. Before you know it, it's printing. And it keeps on printing. I am printing everyday. I have 3d printing on my brain 24/7 and can't wait to start another print. I have had no mechanical issues. So it's safe to say, not everyone has problems.

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Glad to hear you're considering joining the family. I do think the robo offers a good combination of build volume and features. The fact that they now include an all metal hot end with replaceable nozzles in the stock configuration is pretty awesome.
    Like any forum, you typically only see people posting with problems because it is a place to come for some support. I do think we have a pretty good community here. Lots of us available to help. And there are the fair share of 'look at this awesome thing I made' threads.

5. JLuke

JLuke New Member

Yea, I had just thought about that, normally that's what a "troubleshooting" forum is used for. That all metal hot end is looking like it'll be the final buying point since I shouldn't have to worry about getting that E3d one.

6. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

I have had my Robo 3d for a few weeks now and I love it. The forms here are really helpful and the people on form are amazing help on troubleshooting.