1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Power Connectons?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by miltonsj, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miltonsj

miltonsj New Member

My printer was shipped with a blue and yellow wire disconnected at the female connection of my three-prong plug. Can anyone tell me where they should go? I have two wires to connect and three terminals to choose from. :mad:[​IMG]
    [​IMG] photo(1).JPG

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You should really follow the wires to the power supply to verify.

edit: ignore the last thought on terminal

3. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

Mike, The hot/live input on the top right has no terminal prong. It goes down and into to the fuse compartment, comes out on the black wire on the right and down into the switch below.

Miltonsj, The ground is the terminal at the very top of the photo. The hot wire probably should attach to the middle terminal of the switch at the bottom. Use a multimeter to check that the on switch position shorts the middle position to the black wire (unplugged of course;) ). As Mike says - you should follow the wires back to the PSU to make sure you have the right hot and ground. The colors are completely non standard (or perhaps a Chinese manufactures' standard) and are probably different for different printer lots. FYI, that blue wire should have the strain relief crimp on the insulation.

Also while you are at it check the fuse with a multmeter across the black wire's terminal and the vertical strip of metal on the right. The fuse is in a box that slides straight out the back next to the switch.

My kickstarter assembly is different in a few ways and was pretty poorly put together. I ended up recrimping all the lugs because two of the wires pulled out easily.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yeah sorry for the misinformation before. Here's an image of my connector but verify on yours as well

Attached Files:

5. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

they did a crappy job of cripping those and they couldn't even use usa standard color codes for ac wiring.. disaster waiting to happen..

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

7. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

power supplys dont have color codings..o_O the wire used is color coded.
    power supply will be label hot, neutral, and ground.

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I should have said it came with a wire with the same color coding. It was sold as a stepper driver for a CNC and came with a wire coming off it with a connector on the end for, I'm guessing, connecting to a CNC mobo.

9. Drew Eby

Drew Eby Member

Milton, If the yellow wire comes from a port marked L on the power box then this is the one that goes to the middle of the three prongs on the back of the rocker switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.