1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Power supply fitment

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Das Wookie, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

How is the power supply actually attached? Is it just a press fit and held by friction? I'm trying to examine it while I've got my R3D torn down, and damn if I can figure out how to move that sucker!!! I don't wanna put undue pressure on the housing and risk breaking something, but I'm not seeing any bolts or screws. Wondering if there is some double stick tape or something I'm not seeing, or a fastener I'm not seeing... but that thing does NOT wanna move!

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

it is a very very tight friction fit I managed to get mine out by SLOWLY prying with a screw driver but it took me about 30 minutes carefully using many different points one at a time to ease it out. First thing I did was to add a mini bus so I could easily access the direct PS power instead of tapping the leading going to the ramps board and creating a possible failure point it has actually worked out nicely now. I use this for my LED circuitry

3 people like this.
  3. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Gotcha! OK, I'll just keep working at it nice and slow. That was my exact thought as well. I HAVE to get some LEDs on that print head... and a busbar is certainly on the plan! :)

4. James

James Member

Bus bar? What is ? Terminology weak I am? Experience Photo? Plz

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

A bus bar is a simple connection point so it is easier to make multiple connections to a single source
    one side may be a single connection point and the other could have multiple connection points so you could have the power supply go into the single side and have on other side the ramps board, LED lights, fans etc., they would all have their own unique connection point but all would be connected to the power supply as well