1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Print Bed won't heat

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3D Master, Feb 14, 2016.

1. 3D Master

3D Master New Member

Hi guys, I have the R1 plus with the xxl smart controller and my print bed just stopped heating mid print and won't heat up now no matter what I set the temp to. I just checked the voltage to the print bed while telling it to heat and is reading completely 0 volts. The power supply is giving 12 volts on both channels so the problem must be somewhere around the main board. Any suggestions? Should I check a fuse, if so, where is it located? I would hate to need to buy another main board.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Usually this is a problem with the RAMPS.
    Q3 or the polyfuse associated with it.

Sanity check that your plug from the power supply is solidly plugged into the RAMPS, just to be sure.

3. 3D Master

3D Master New Member

So I just unscrewed the board from the printer and wiggled the power output connector to the heated bed and is now heating up. It must be an intermittent connection at the screw clamp connectors on the ramps, how lucky I am! Like everyone says, if it stops working, tap it, then go big for the hammer! LOL! Thanks for the reply Mark!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Awesome. You can, if you want, tin the wires where they land on the terminal on the RAMPS board.
    As long as you have them snug it should be fine without that.