1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Print head is very far from print bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by franzfan001, Feb 8, 2016.

1. franzfan001

franzfan001 New Member

hi. I'm new to the 3D world and this problem arose after I changed the print filament. I used the movement controls on the matter control software to raise the x-axis, but since then I haven't been able to place the print head back to its original setting. I've used the movement controls and manually moved the head down, but when I print a calibration circle the print head moves midprinter and starts to "print". It's gotten do bad that now the print head is moving all the way to the top of the printer and is printing there. I feel like there should be a simple fix, but I haven't found it.

Thanks for the help!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One of the two Z axis home switches is not working correctly.
    Either it is mispositioned and constantly triggered (so the printer thinks it is home and will not go down) or a wire is disconnected.

In the normal operation if the nozzle is NOT on the bed those switches have the carriage sitting on them and they are 'made' when the nozzle hits the bed going down one or both of them will trigger as the carriage starts to lift and the printer then will NOT go down more.