1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Print head problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sebastian Salas, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebastian Salas

Sebastian Salas New Member

Ever since I bought the Robo3d I've have print head problems. To begin with the first print head jammed and I found no way to unjam it so I bought the e3d print head and the printer lost all control. The printer won't go above 190 degrees and the print head I believe is not sealed since I cannot get it to 300 degrees. Therefore the e3d jams up and doesn't allow the filament to properly extrude. The thermistor seems to have a problem. Is it possible that I could find the print head and its corresponding wires to buy them and successfully reconstruct the print head?

2 people like this.
  2. lemuba

lemuba Active Member

I have upgraded from my broken 2013 stock Hotend to the E3D V6 hotend with the PTFE Tube.
    You have to change in the configuration.h file the max temp setting, further I do not understand why you need to go 300 degree...? This temp will destroy the E3D termistor when I remember right. Temps up to 285 should be OK for all possible Filaments.
    My E3D performs perfectly...

Br,

Matthias

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nah, the thermistor is good to more than that, but the accuracy starts to drop as you get hotter (run a thermocouple if you really need to run hot).
    The 300 was just to seat the nozzle onto the hotend anyway. I just swap mine hot (250-ish) and I have never had an issue.

4. Sebastian Salas

Sebastian Salas New Member

I understand but the 300 degrees is to allow the hot end to seal its components therefore I believe that the hotend has a problem. Or the thermistor itself. Do you guys know where I can buy the print head? The original cables and all? (Thermistor and heat cable?)

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

@Printed Solid has a lot of parts for the E3D v5 and V6 on his store.
    printedsolid.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.