1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Print Speed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mr.Salty, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Mr.Salty

Mr.Salty New Member

What is a good print speed for the Robo3d R1+?
    I have dual fan ducts and the E3d V6 extruder. How fast can i go without loosing detail? Curious.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You will need to experiment, On big prints with hardly any detail I print PLA at just over 50 mm/sec but I will lose a bit of edge detail at that setting so I slow it down to about 40 mm/sec when the part is smaller or has more corners. But it is not just speed, the acceleration settings have as much to do with it as the raw speed. Robo did and still does not research all the settings in Configuration.h, most of them remain at the Marlin developer defaults. Just because it is the Marlin default setting doesn't mean it is right for the Robo. Acceleration as well as PID tuning, EEPROM settings (on earlier versions), extruder calibration as well as other settings need to be calibrated on your particular Robo. Look up Thomas Sanladerer on YouTube and subscribe to his channel, look up our very own Marquis Johnson whose Channel goes by the name Novice Expert on YouTube and subscribe to his channel also.

They have a series of videos, Thomas is general knowledge and Marquis is more specific to the Robo (older versions but still apply to the R1+PLUS.

Cole Tuininga likes this.