1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Print stops after 8 hours in a 36 hour print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Thomas E. Foss, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Thomas E. Foss

Thomas E. Foss New Member

Smaller prints work just fine but I am trying to print a large tray to hold drill bits and it takes 36 hours. The printer stopped at hour 8 with the nozzle and bed still hot in the middle of the printed item. It is like it lost it's marbles, I am getting older so maybe my printer is getting Alzheimer's and gets lost?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you are printing connected to a host program running on a MAC or a PC -- look in the GCode terminal (scroll all the way back to the start to make sure you see it all) and look for the word ERROR. You are likely getting something like the infamous "Temperature Fell Too Much During print" error. Terminal will tell the tale. If you are printing unconnected then you need to try printing connected and use the terminal to find the error being reported by Marlin

(p.s. this is one case where the LCD controller will not add much value since it will not often report the exact error)