1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer box / enclosure

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nemesiscoins, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemesiscoins

Nemesiscoins New Member

I was considering making a box to encapsulate the printer ( warmth reduce draft , etc) and was wondering if I could make it using PVC pipes and plastic sheets. Ive seen many different types but I haven't seen the obvious type ,to me at least. Are there certain materials that should not be used?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. Nemesiscoins

Nemesiscoins New Member

I used a lot of furniture grade PVC for many projects. Great when making garden projects with the kids.
    I figured making a frame with PVC and Plastic sheets would or may work. Since I have a lot of material home it shouldn't cost me anything.

I saw Printedsolids enclosure and its awesome. I would probably get it in September or October , Summer months and spending cash is slow for my work. Its pretty cheap too. Making one out of pocket with PVC and plastic would be slightly cheaper but it would only partially solve the problem. I also saw he has the E3d hot end and I believe I read somewhere he offers support on them so its my next "got a have em" item on my list.

#3 Nemesiscoins, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.