1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer Cannot Connect to Repetier

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Darrell, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell

Darrell Member

I took a break from calibration earlier and came back to try it again. Everything connected perfectly fine all week but then I started getting this message a couple hours ago:

[​IMG]

I know it's on COM3 and my device manger even shows it on COM3 but it has a warning symbol next to it. So I tried to update the drivers and this was the result:
    [​IMG]

I've even tried to push the hard reset button on the Arduino board but that didn't help either. For the record, it can't connect to MatterControl either.

What do I do now?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Solution depends on what version of Window you are running. As you need to reinstall the driver, one way to do this is to install the Arduino IDE from http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#.Uy2Asc57R2A. Download and install the windows installer version. This will give you the current USB driver for the Mega 2560 (and the Arduino IDE which you will probably need at some time to update the RAMPS firmware anyway).

If there are still problems, move the Robo connection to a different USB port. Windows should then install the driver for that new USB port connection (which will then have different com port number).

3. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I use to have this problem, I can't remember how I would solve it exactly, but It had to do with some combinations unplugging the USB from the PC then turning the RoBo off, then plugging USB back in then turning RoBo on. But when I bought a new higher quality USB cable I never had this problem again.

4. Darrell

Darrell Member

I did originally and that is how I got the error from my second screenshot about Windows encountering a problem while installing driver software.

Regardless of which port I use, Windows always picks up the Arduino as COM3.

I tried uninstalling the driver, downloading the 1.5.6 -r2 BETA to see if that solved anything but I got the same errors

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

6. Darrell

Darrell Member

Windows 7

The USB is directly connected

I will attempt to disable driver signing

7. Darrell

Darrell Member

Uninstallling the drivers, Disabling Signature Requirements, and re-connecting the printer solved the issue. Thank you for all your help.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sadly, that is the Windows Driver problem mantra. Glad you got it sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.