1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printer cannot print anything

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by POISONx Boss, Aug 30, 2015.

1. POISONx Boss

POISONx Boss New Member

I am trying to print on my R1 and nothing will stick to the bed. I've changes the setting, but tape on the bed, used hairspray, used glue and even a raft yet nothing has worked. I cannot print anything with out it curling and connecting to the print head as well as curling up and then the print head will love that whole line. Please help as my printer is rendered useless right now

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like a combination of Z offset issues and printing/extrusion temp.

I would say you are probably a bit too high on the initial Z offset and too hot on the print temperatures.

If you run the print head into the middle of the bed and raise it up 100mm and then do a test extrude the PLA (or really ABS -- not sure what you are using) should NOT want to curl up and stick to the nozzle... it should extrude out and hang down. Adjust your temperatures (a wee bit at a time) until you find your filament not wanting to stick to the nozzle.

This test does not work for all filament types so if you are using something exotic this will not be a good way to find your temperatures. For PLA this works just fine.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

P.S. there is a steep learning curve for 3D printing, just in case you had not already figured that out.
    Can be learned, takes practice and patience.