1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printer connects to PC but program NOT working?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Reigs311, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reigs311

Reigs311 New Member

I received my printer and right out of the box it doesnt seem to be working? I followed the instructions per the included video to connect to PC, and even tried to hook it up to my MacBook Pro also. Neither seems to work. The PC will connect, but they are having trouble talking to eachother. When I did get a print going, the Z axis was way off and the auto calibration didn't work. When I tried to hook it up to my MacBook Pro the program on the Mac version can't even find the printer. So I am at a loss.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What software are you trying to print with (on the PC, I don't have a Mac)?
    Assuming you are using MatterControl are you depending on its auto-leveling routine or are you using the printer firmware auto-leveling (editing the startup GCode)?

3. Reigs311

Reigs311 New Member

I am using Windows 8 PC with the MatterControl program. I tried to use the built in auto cal function but it offsets my "Z" axis and ends up making it too high to print. As for the MacBook, I am using the same program except the printer wont even be found on it. My PC finds it, and the program (MatterControl) shows that it is functioning, however the printer does nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.