1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer lifts 2cm before print starts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mikethinks, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Every time I get the bed level, I start a print and 15sec before the print starts the head moves about a bit, and then raises up 2cm or so....and mid air printing begins.

and I dont even see a Z axis switch on my smooth rod

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Can you open the gcode file in a text editor and copy the startup codes here

3. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

OK, I tried enabling the "auto level" thing, and it raises up and wont let me get within 3 cm of the bed saying "you cannot move any lower" I mean WTH?

I looked, and cannot find the zaxis limit switch on the smooth rods...did they eliminate them?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They're on the threaded rods now

5. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

I think I found it, one of the connections wast tight...seems to be working better....time will tell. Good thing I love to tinker :p

ty Mike

6. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

OK I found the issue, my aluminum threaded rod round holder thing isnt holding the right side(threaded rod was not turning with the motor consistently). I was able to shim it up (cause I couldnt tighten it enough without) and the bottom nut is too tight or something cause I cant move it...but I have it working now. Waiting for a support response on getting a new aluminum tighner thing and extra hex nuts, but since my fix, my very next print is coming out and not in the air!

Sure its a little annoying...but I am not adverse to tinkering as Ive said :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.