1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer losing alignment at some height

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by -PC, Sep 27, 2013.

1. -PC

-PC Member

Hey guys,

I having some issues with my printer and would like to know how can I fix this.

My printer is losing alignment at some height during the print, the consequence is that it shifts the model to the left. It happened with 2 different files ( a cube and a egg holder). The egg holder, my latest print, was literally glued to the base, so there is no way the piece itself moved, the head lose the alignment.
    Any idea why would that be happening?????

Here's some pictures:
    2013-09-27 23.37.16.jpg 2013-09-27 23.37.25.jpg 2013-09-27 23.37.43.jpg 2013-09-27 23.37.50.jpg

thanks in advance

PC

2. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey -PC! Well, besides the issue you are having it looks like you are printing great quality, that egg print looks sweet, besides the issue you are having. What is the print with the coin in it?

Well onto helping you out, is this on the x or y axis you are experiencing the slipping? If you could let me know that would be awesome and I could get you some more help!

3. -PC

-PC Member

Hello Harris,

it is happening on the X-axis.
    Listen, I just realize that my glass is moving a little bit, let me try fix that and see what happens.
    the brrackets that hold the glass and the heated bed are not really good doing this job :(

2013-09-28 08.40.17.jpg 2013-09-28 08.40.32.jpg

thank again and I let you know what happens

cheers

PC

4. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey -PC, sounds good! Let me know
    - Harry

5. -PC

-PC Member

Hey harry,
    apparently adding the metal clips helped and the problem was resolved. I have to say that the clips that came with the printer don't hold neither the glass or the heated bed. To be honest, the clip on the home position is touching the extruder and melting :( is there any new interaction of those clips that are better than the one I got???

thank for now. I still have thousand of questions but I will address each one of then according.

cheers

PC