1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printer losing power

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Zachary Nicholas Hillman, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Zachary Nicholas Hillman

Hi, I have a Robo R1+ and I'm using Matter Control. Since the last update a few weeks back my printer keeps turning off and like restarting, when it turns back on the lights stay off until I reset the printer myself. Most of time when it powers down the print that I'm making is like 80% done, and it wont start from where it stopped so I have to start the whole print over. My question is, does anybody know why my printer is turning its self off? I've never ran into this problem before so I have no idea what's going on with it. I'm kind of upset I was doing a print this last time that took like 18 hours when it shut off, and when it does turn off the time on Matter Control will keep moving, so I don't always know what percentage to start my print at. I've already took the bottom of the printer off to check if any wires came lose, but it doesn't seem like that is the problem.
    Any help or suggestions would be amazing!

Thank you in advance! =]

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Zachary Nicholas Hillman

I am getting the M999 error, but im not getting it until i turn my printer back on after it stops during printing

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

M999 is not itself the error. That is just Marlin telling you that some error did occur.
    Not really helpful, I suspect you need to mine the Gcode logs from when it is happening... Search for the word "error"

5. Zachary Nicholas Hillman

so i finally found the error and this is what im getting. but i dont get it because the extruder i have on it isnt that old.

Attached Files:

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

As mentioned in the FAQ thread this is always a problem reading the thermistor. Something caused it to suddenly change temperature and then it came back (probably also quite quickly). It may not be a bad thermistor, it may be a bad wiring job or a bad/loose connector in the wires to/from the thermistor. On rare occasions if can be the RAMPS board, but that is not normal.

More details here: http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/faq-r1-r1-series-printers.19735/#post-119221

7. Zachary Nicholas Hillman

i think ive figured it out, one of the wires on top of the extruder is coming out! i shall test it now and find out. thank you for all of the help! =]

mark tomlinson likes this.