1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer not printing, but software says it is

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jenbob, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

Our Robo3D arrived a few weeks back now and as of yet all I've been able to print is a not so perfect calibration cube.

We have set the Robo3D to print in ABS and have had a couple of semi-successful builds. However, more times than not (i.e. the majority of times), when we start a part going the machine runs through the 9 point calibration routine, but then stops at the 9th position. The software (matter control) says that the part is printing and if you have the box that says ‘sync view to print’ checked, it shows the printer running through each layer very quickly. If you leave this until the last layer, the info box at the top says that the print is complete, but the print head hasn’t moved from the 9th position. Another thing to note is that after the 9th touchdown the print head and the print bed heaters are switched off.

If I use Repetier-Host, my builds seem to start more successfully albeit that I still get errors most times.

Does this sound like a software bug, hardware fault or might it be a setting on our computers? We’ve tried it on two different machines (with myself and a colleague trying the set up) and we both have the same issues.

Attached is the command log of the last time I tried to print and saw this issue.

Any help would be gratefully received thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

M999 error means you have a temperature error. One or more of your thermocouples are uplugged. Check all your connections.

3. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

Thank you Mike, I've checked all the connections and have pushed in a couple that had come slightly loose. I'll feedback if this doesn't sort the problem.

4. James William

James William New Member

Unplug the printer and then hlod the start buttion for 60 seconds, then release this the way power supply to everywhere of the printer. or else this is a temperature error for printer.

5. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

Thanks, that problem sorted it self out (the loose cables seemed to be the problem), but now I have another issue :(

I've just updated the firmware on the Robo3d to the latest version and I've updated Matter Control, but the calibration routine that it gets you to go through where you have a piece of paper under the print head in 3 different spots is giving me trouble. As a result I'm unable to print anything.

The first two run ok, but then it moves the print head to the back left corner (if you're looking at it from the front) and then stops. The window for the print levelling wizard says 'Collecting Data' and 'Getting the third point.' I don't have an option to go 'back' or 'next' just to 'cancel'.

Any ideas what's going on please? I'm getting very frustrated that I've not been able to print anything more than a fairly wonky test cube.

6. Mike Hotel

Mike Hotel New Member

How do you get that command log?

7. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

I copied it out of Repetier host and pasted it into a Microsoft Word file. There are options to view commands, info, warnings, errors etc. at the bottom of the screen - oh and an option to copy! Hope that helps :)

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That's been happening to people. Can you submit a bug report with MatterHackers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.