1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

printer shows up unknown

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kimball, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimball

kimball New Member

My R1 shows up in device manager as an unknown device and no information is displayed. It connects in matter control but cannot communicate for anything. I haven't got it working since I got it Wednesday. It came with a wire that came off it's solder point on the z axis lead screw sensor so I don't know if that has any effect. I don't think it would. I have the latest software updated and I have installed arduino IDE 1.0.6.
    I want to figure this out so I can get a replacement part soon. thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good you installed the Arduino IDE and that will load the driver at least (you did tell it to install the driver, right?)
    Assuming the driver is loaded, when you run the Arduino IDE can you connect to the printer? If not, force the drivers to load...

Look here: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows
    in this section: Installing drivers for the Arduino Uno or Arduino Mega 2560 with Windows 7, Vista, or XP

See if following that will get your device to correctly show up.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Oh, and a picture of the wire will help and we can probably tell you where it needs to go (unless you already know and just need to reconnect it).

4. kimball

kimball New Member

I am re-trying the arduino installaion. I did the windows installer version last time and it says to try the zip file download because it has sub folders you need. I have found this forum is 10 times more helpful than Robo...

Attached Files:

5. kimball

kimball New Member

It finally shows up as Arduino 2560!!! firing up matter control now

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

OK, that loose wire looks like one of the Z endstop switch wires (it should connect to that switch directly above it I think).
    I don't have the R1 (with the auto-level) so my switches are in slightly different spots, but that black switch above the wire in the picture should have two wires landed on it.

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

and you probably want to sort that out before actually starting to print.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.